CoreView October 2022 Release Notes
Modified on Mon, 24 Oct 2022 at 10:19 PM
- CoreView Release Notes September 2023
- CoreView Release Notes August 2023
- CoreView Release Notes July 2023
- CoreView Release Notes June 2023
- CoreView Release Notes May 2023
- CoreView Release Notes April 2023
- CoreView Release Notes March 2023
- CoreView Release Notes February 2023
- CoreView Release Notes January 2023
- CoreView December 2022 Release Notes
- CoreView November 2022 Release Notes
- CoreView October 2022 Release Notes
- September 2022 Release Notes
- August 2022 Release Notes
- Release 22.06 Key Features
- Release 22.05 Key Features
- Release 22.04 Key Features
- Release 22.03 Key Features
- Release 22.01 Key Features
- Release 21.12 Key Features
- Release 21.11 Key Features
- Release 21.10 Key Features
- Release 21.09 Key Features
- Release 21.08 Key Features
- Release 21.07 Key Features
- Release 21.05 Key Features
- Release 21.04 Key Features
- Release 21.03 Key Features
- Release 21.02 Key Features
- Release 21.01 Key Features
- Release Information
- Getting Started with Customer Care
Getting Started with CoreView
- Configuration Overview
- Creating CoreView Tenant Administrators
- CoreView Operator Uses Cases & Dependencies
- Creating a License Pool
- Understanding Virtual Tenants
- "Send As" DNS Requirements for CoreAdoption Campaigns (Optional)
- How to enforce MFA on CoreView service accounts
- Creating a License Pool
- How to ensure security for CoreView service accounts
- Disabling MFA for CoreView service accounts
- Set Conditional Access to grant access only inside the CoreView data center
- How to check and analyze the Message Trace
- How To Configure Email Forwarding
- How to convert a Shared Mailbox to a User Mailbox
- How to convert a user mailbox to a shared mailbox in Exchange Online
- How to Create Microsoft 365 Groups for Improved Collaboration
- How To Create Shared Mailbox
- How To Create User Mailbox
- How To Grant Access To Mailbox
- How to List all the Mailboxes a User has access to in Microsoft 365
- How to remove delegates from Mailbox
- How to remove user access to Mailbox
- How to review and manage Exchange online mailbox permissions
- How to verify if a user has updated the Password
- Read Permission for Mailbox
- What are security groups and How to create it
- What is a Distribution Group and How to create it
- Exchange Online
- Custom Actions Library
- Getting Started with CoreHybrid
Understanding CoreView - Quick Start Guides.
- CoreView Quick Start Guide Overview and Index - Tenant Admins
- CoreView Quick Start Guide Overview and Index - Operators
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration – Management
- Understanding the CoreView Operator Profile
- Understanding CoreView Operator Roles (New UX)
- Understanding CoreView Operator Roles
- Understanding CoreView Operator Delegation
- Understanding CoreView - Report Column Filtering
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration - V-Tenant User Filters
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration - Portal Information
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration Options
Troubleshooting Common Issues
- Unable to see OneDrive, SharePoint and Exchange Data
- Remote Office 365 PowerShell session can Conflict CoreView Management Actions
- Why I cannot save the changes on existing License pool?
- Error when attempting to perform a Management Action
- Unable to modify the Assigned Licenses in my License Pool Report
- Enabling Permission for Endpoint Manager Actions
- How to enable permission for BitLocker keys report
- How to recreate Admins Read-only
- How to add an operator to the portal?
- How to enable and configure CoreView management session
- How to provide a consent to activate Azure AD Reports Feature and activate Partial Import?
- Tips & Tricks: Leverage Pivot Reports to Prototype License Pool Criteria Filter
- Tips & Tricks - How to manage email notifications for newly added Operators.
- Disable MFA from Read Only Service Accounts
- How To: Report on "Consumed Portal Licenses"
- How to Configure Allowed IP Addresses for CoreView Service Accounts
- Tips & Tricks: How to merge License Pools
- How to Use CoreView's Global Report Filters
- How to use the What If tool to check Azure AD conditional access policies
- How to Configure Allowed IP Addresses for CoreView Service Accounts
- How to Archive a Teams Group
- How to Restore a Teams Group
- On-demand Import for a Single Device in Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Custom Actions using the Microsoft Graph API
- How to set up your tenant for the switch to Microsoft Graph API
- GraphAPI configuration: How to get Client ID and Client Secret
- How to provide consent to import exchange information
Reporting and Analytics
- How do I Check and Manage Calendar Permissions for a User?
- How CoreView can help you with your Microsoft 365 Chargeback Goals.
- New UX: Understanding the new License Centers
- Understanding the Savings Opportunities Dashboard
- Understanding the License Optimization center
- Understanding License Pool Snapshots report
- Understanding Call quality dashboard
- Understanding Call quality report
- Understanding User call quality report
- Understanding Teams groups activity report
- Understanding Teams Adoption Growth Report
- Understanding Endpoint Manager reports
- Understanding Teams dashboard
- Understanding Risky Users report
- Understanding Storage Dashboard
- Troubleshoot Active Users (License Usage) data
- Legacy Protocol Management
- Report Columns: Is active 30/60/90
- Quarantined Messages Report - Understanding The Reports
Managing and Administration
- Teams Voice: Direct Routing Support
- How to enable management function?
- Forward SMTP Address vs Forward Address management actions
- How to add the users in bulk while executing Users management actions?
- How to Create & Manage Custom Actions
- How to schedule a report to be sent automatically, and how to modify its scheduling options?
- How to schedule an alert report for the License Count
- Tips & Tricks – How to read and modify license pool report?
- Overview of CoreView Workflow
- How to delegate Workflow management using roles
- How to configure CoreView and ServiceNow integration
- How to Enable Multi Factor Authentication for Operators and Admins who Access the CoreView Portal
- How Can I Migrate from Group-Based Licenses to Direct Licenses Managed by CoreView?
- Naming convention rules
- Custom Actions: Forbidden and Warning Values
- How to add users to Distribution Group in bulk using via CSV
- Not able to manage licenses error
- Using custom action json output as an input in the workflow
- Setting the Sensitivity Label on SharePoint as a Mandatory Field
- DistinguishedName vs OnPremisesDistinguishedName
- Understanding CoreView - Quick Start Guides.
- CoreView Product Manual
- Health Check
- Configuring predefined policies
- Edit policy settings: Set and monitor thresholds
- Edit remediation settings: Manual and automatic remediation
- Edit remediation settings: Configure attestation
- Remediation settings: Security & Identity policies
- Remediation settings: Teams Management policies
- Remediation settings: License Management policies
- Remediation settings: SharePoint & OneDrive Management policies
- Remediation settings: Exchange Management policies
- Out-of-the-Box playbooks
- Learning Platform
- Internal Customer Care Resources
- Webinars and Events
- Internal Support
October 25 Enhancements
Note: The enhancements below are accessible within CoreView’s new user interface.
Clone Hybrid User
Quite often, when new users are being created in Microsoft 365, the most convenient thing for operators to do is to mirror or clone the attributes of an existing user. For example, if I’m hiring a new Sales rep in London, they should probably get the same permissions, licenses, groups, etc. as another Sales rep in London. This release provides that ability for synchronized users by adding a new “Clone synchronized user” management action. The user can select the “template” user, and then select which information will be copied, including security groups, distribution groups, M365 groups, Teams, mailbox access, portal attributes, etc. This management action also allows the user to enter unique data such as identifying information, contact information and others. This should greatly simplify the process of creating new synchronized users for customers in Hybrid environments.
Teams Usage beta report
A new Teams Usage beta report provides access to information about Teams usage (chats, calls, etc) from the beta version of the Microsoft API. The beta version provides much richer data, however, since the API is in beta, it is subject to change. For customers who want access to this beta report, reach out to customer success.
License Pools Enhancements
This release provides a number of enhancements to the new License Pools Center
- Reporting-only license pools – A new setting allows you to configure license pools to be used for reporting only. When enabled, all SKUs will be visible in license pools, but you will not have the ability to allocate licenses to pools, only to see where licenses are currently allocated. This setting will be automatically enabled for all the customers with no managed SKU selected in their license pool configuration.
- Global license admins can now set a license allocation to be lower than the licenses already consumed. This forces license pool managers to reclaim licenses from their pool before assigning new ones and serves as a target that license pools managers can be requested to hit.
- It is now possible to expand all license pools or SKUs with a single click. A new "Select all" checkbox now provides that ability.
- The License pool center now displays the number of purchased licenses per SKU. That information was visible in the legacy UX.
License Audit capabilities
Central license admins and tenant administrators didn't have a way to report on atomic changes on licenses assigned to license pools and licenses' costs. As a result, it was impossible to easily understand the history behind those changes (and effectively re-construct who applied the changes)
The following new audit events have been added to the CoreView Audit log:
Change in licenses assigned to a license pool: "LicensePoolAssignedLicenseChange"
- Cost related to a license: "LicensePriceUpdate"
Teams Voice Workflow
The Teams Voice Auto Attendant report now provides the ability to execute a workflow.
New UX Improvements
Changes to management actions
The following management actions have been renamed:
- Grant access to users ---> Add user as delegate
- Grant access to mailboxes ---> Add delegates to mailbox
- Grant full access to manager ---> Grant 'full access' permission to manager
- Remove access rights from mailbox ---> Remove delegates from mailbox
- Remove mailbox permission rights ---> Remove user access to mailboxes
- Grant send on behalf of to mailbox ---> Grant 'send on behalf' permission
- Manage send as permissions ---> Manage 'send as' permissions
For those actions the UI has been tweaked so managing mailbox permission and mailbox delegates is simpler, and easier to understand the impact of the change.
The following audit reports have been migrated from the legacy to the new UX.
- Threat intelligence
- Power BI
- Security compliance
- Azure AD
October 11 Enhancements
Teams Voice Direct Routing support
The CoreView Teams Voice connector (formerly, Teams Advanced) now provides greater support for Direct Routing numbers. Please note that the features below are only available in CoreView’s new user interface.
Customers who have purchased "traditional" numbers (i.e., from a telco company) are limited in their ability to integrate them into Teams in any scalable, efficient way. Many organizations are left managing this on spreadsheets, tracking the assignment of numbers to employees, and trying to keep it updated as employees and onboarded and offboarded. By uploading these numbers to CoreView, customers get the benefit of managing this “number inventory” much more effectively:
- reporting features on who is using their numbers
- management actions that greatly reduce the risk of errors and increase speed
- workflows for onboarding and offboarding procedures
- Bulk actions to assign/unassign numbers
Once numbers are uploaded, they can be edited and deleted and otherwise generally treated as inventory to be managed, including distributing to virtual tenants for delegated administration. (UserVoice)
You can read more about this in the article Teams Voice: Direct Routing Support
Playbooks, which were launched in late September, receive a number of additional enhancements
- The Teams playbook has an additional policy -- Inactive Teams users with Audio conferencing. This identifies those users who have been given an Audio Conferencing license but who have not been using it. The remediation action is to remove the license.
- Workflows now show in which playbooks a given workflow is being used.
Updated Management action
Create Sync User
The Create Synchronized User management action has been updated to include:
- License Tab: to assign or reclaim licenses to the user
- Group Tab: to view and edit the user's group memberships (for Distribution, Security, MS356 and Teams groups)
- Mailbox Tab: to edit mailbox rights and forwarding addresses
- Other properties Tab: to view and edit CoreView Attributes and Portal Attributes
- The Exchange Mailbox Usage report will now include the same information for Shared Mailboxes as it displays for users.
- The Inactive guest users report now includes the Last Azure AD Logon date in the filters
Service account password rotation
For those organizations that want to force password rotation for service accounts, we now provide the ability to configure that via Organization Setting. There is a new toggle -- "Password rotation for service accounts".
When turning on the toggle, you can choose the interval between password changes (1, 3, 6, and 12 months) with an option to trigger the password rotation immediately after the next import.
Note: This feature requires Advanced management to be enabled. (UserVoice)
New UX Improvements
- Organization Settings - New settings allow you to choose whether the toggle for the New UX is shown to all operators and also whether the New UX is the default interface. If the New UX is set as the default interface. as users log into the application, they will be redirected to the new UX.
- License Pool Center - From the new License pool center it wasn't possible to drill down to the detailed list of uses belonging to a certain license pool, or that have a certain license assigned. This has now been enabled.
- Message Trace - The Message Trace report has been redesigned and included in the New UX. Check out the new filtering functions as well as the ability to save custom versions of the report.
- Create and Edit Workflows- Finally workflows can be created and edited in the New UX. The experience has been redesigned to match the new UI, and we also included a lot of quality-of-life improvements, including:
- Description fields for execution inputs - so the operators running the workflow can be instructed on how to populate the field (UserVoice)
- Action descriptions - so workflows editors can better understand the flow of the actions (UserVoice)
- Actions to be executed in case of workflow failure are now unified - catch actions, sequences and failure notifications are now in the same place