This resource is designed to help you understand the activation (enrollment) process. Please note that if you are a Trial Customer, please skip to the Trial Customers Only section. CoreView will assist all new customers through the activation process. This typically takes around fifteen minutes and happens during the initial onboarding meeting.
Please be aware of the following prerequisites. These apply only to the activation process.
- Activation Account - You must use a valid Microsoft Office 365 organizational account, meaning one that is associated with a work or school account. The best practice is to use a mail-enabled, cloud-only account, such as one that ends in @yourtenant.onmicrosoft.com. The use of any accounts associated with @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @aol.com, @live.com, @outlook.com and so on will cause the activation process to fail.
- Required Permissions - The account used for the initial activation must be granted the Global Admin role in Office 365. Accounts that are lacking the Global Admin role will cause the activation process to fail.
- Screen Sharing - As part of the activation process, we'll be asking you to screen share so we can walk you through the process. If you are an Office 365 customer who does not happen to have Teams available, please let us know so we can decide on an alternative, such as Zoom.
- We'll be asking you to provide us the UPN of the account you plan to use for enrollment.
- Once we have that, we will generate a unique enrollment link that we will share with you through email.
Complete the Activation Process
- We recommend to open a new Incognito/Guest browser session in Chrome.
- Paste the enrollment link into the Incognito browser session's address window and hit Enter.
- You'll then be presented with the standard Microsoft cloud login dialog. Login using Office 365 Global Admin credentials.
Note: O365 Admin username and password are never saved into CoreView systems. For more information: see the KB article CoreView's Use of Administrative Credentials
- Once you log in, You'll be also asked to select the data center*.
* Because CoreView serves customers globally, you'll find that you can select from a number of various data centers. Please take care with your selection because this cannot be reversed once your activation is complete.
If you are a federal, state or local government entity, CoreView will send you a specific link which allows to select GCC data center , so please do not proceed with the trial registration in case GCC data center is not available among the options.
- Once you accept Terms and Conditions, you’ll be redirected to the registration wizard that includes following signup steps:
1. Registration Consent
This set permissions is required to create read-only service accounts. These accounts are used to connect to your tenant and collect reporting data. You can decide to remove this grant after your onboard process is completed.
You'll be asked to pick the account and grant the required consent.
2. Integration API consent
This set of permissions is required to use Graph API and Office 365 Management API for collecting reporting data for your tenant.
You'll be asked to grant the required permissions.
3. Data Import
We're configuring your Office 365 data right now. The initial data load may take several hours depending on the size of your tenant, so please stand by. You will receive a notification when everything is ready!
You can close now the session as the import process can take some hours. Once you receive an email regarding the import completed, you can log into CoreView portal as you have successfully activated your CoreView Tenant. Job well done! There are more steps to follow and we'll be here to assist you.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article